Magento 2 offers layered navigation to improve the on-site experience. The customers can easily find the products on the basis of category, price, and other such attributes.
A store with a large number of products can be confusing for a visitor and browsing through the products can be a never-ending process. However, with the layered navigation that appears in the left column of search results, category pages, and home page can be of help.
If the visitor finds the desired product quickly, the chances of conversion increase. Or else, he/she might get frustrated and leave the store. This increases the bounce rate, which is one of the important ranking factors according to a study by Semrush
The store admin can configure layered navigation in Magento 2. to improve the navigation facility, help customers find the best-fit product with the user-friendly filter and lower the bounce rate!
Steps to Configure Layered Navigation in Magento 2:
- Login to Magento 2 admin panel
- Go to Stores > Configuration
- Select Catalog under Catalog
- Expand the Layered Navigation section
- Display Product Count – Set “yes” to display the number of products found for each attribute
- Set Price Navigation Step Calculation to one of the below option:
- Automatic (equalize price ranges)
- Automatic (equalize product counts)
- Save configuration
The frontend category page displays layered navigation in Magento 2 store:
Any doubts about Magento 2 layered navigation can be mentioned in the Comments section below. I’d be happy to help.
Also, please share the tutorial with the Magento 2 community via social media.