Appropriate product listing on a category page eases the navigation of a website. It makes it easy for visitors to browse through the products in an online store if the products are listed properly and it contributes to the enhanced on-site experience of the store.
The default Magento 2 offers two options to display products on the category page, i.e., list and grid. Also, the admin can set the number of products on Magento 2 category page, configure the product sorting based on product attributes, and other such configurations.
Make it convenient for the customers to shop online in your store with the below method to configure Magento 2 product listing:
Steps to Change Product per Page in Category Page in Magento 2:
- Login to Magento 2 admin panel
- Navigate to Stores > Configuration
- Select Catalog under Catalog
- Expand Storefront section
Let us discuss all the options separately.
- Set the List Mode as per your requirement
- Enter ‘Products per Page on Grid Allowed Values’
- Set ‘Products per Page on Grid Default Value’
- Set ‘Products per Page on List Allowed Value’
- Set ‘Products per Page on List Default Value’
- Product Listing Sort by
- Allow All Products per Page
- Remember Catagory Pagination
- Use Flat Catalog Category
- Use Flat Category Product
- Swatches per Product
- Show Swatches in Product List
1. Set the List Mode in Magento 2 as per your requirement:
- Grid only
- List only
- Grid (default) / List
- List (default) / Grid
2. Enter ‘Products per Page on Grid Allows Values’ in Magento 2:
Enter the value of the number of products you want to display in the grid per page and separate each number by a comma.
3. Set ‘Product per Page on Grid Default Value’ in Magento 2:
Enter the default number of products to display in the grid per page.
4. Set ‘Products per Page on List Allowed Values’ in Magento 2:
Enter the value of the number of products to display in the list per page and separate each number by a comma.
5. Set ‘Products per Page on List Default Value’ in Magento 2:
Enter the default number of products to display in the list per page.
6. Product Listing Sort by in Magento 2:
In this option, set the default attribute which is primarily used to sort the list.
7. Allow All Products per Page in Magento 2:
Set to Yes in order to give customers the option to list all the products.
8. Remember Catagory Pagination in Magento 2:
If you set to Yes, you will be able to retain all pagination settings as customers search via catalog listings. By setting to No, all the pagination settings will not be retained.
The default option is set to No because it requires more cache storage and it can reduce the speed of web indexing by search engines as well.
9. Use Flat Catalog Category in Magento 2:
Set to Yes, if you want to show a flat category listing of products. The default option is set as No.
10. Use Flat Category Product in Magento 2:
To show a flat product listing, set to Yes.
11. Swatches per Product in Magento 2:
Swatches is a function of Magento 2 that offers to display multiple variations of a product.
Enter the value as per your requirement.
12. Show Swatches in Product List in Magento 2:
Set to Yes if you wish to display swatches.
If you have queries, feel free to ask in the Comments section below. I’d be happy to help.
Also, do not forget to share the tutorial with the Magento community via social media.