Magento 2 allows granting limited access to the admin panel for security purposes.
For restricted access, create a user role in Magento 2 with suitable permissions. Doing so, when that user logs in to the admin panel, he/she can only access the allowed sections of the admin panel.
The security of the store administration can be improved with this method. No users with ill intention can mess with the Magento 2 store functioning and management.
Also, if you are a large business where various departments are managed by different employees so that the tasks remain organized, the below solution can be helpful. For example, someone who is managing the refunds of the Magento 2 store can be given access to the credit memo section. Or the one who is managing the stock needs to bother about inventory only!
Steps to Create User Role in Magento 2:
- Login to Magento 2 admin panel
- Go to System > Permissions > User Role
- Click the “Add New Role” button
- Select Role Info under role information
- Enter the descriptive role name
- Enter your password under Current User Identity Verification
- Go to Role Resources under Role Information
- Set resource access to custom
- Select the resource checkbox that the user role can access. For example, if only the “credit memo” resource is selected, the user role can access only the credit memo section from the admin backend.
- Click “Save Role“.
Any doubts about Magento 2 user roles? Feel free to mention them in the Comments section below. I’d be glad to help you out.
Please share the solution with Magento 2 community via social media.