Magento 2 offers options to configure customer accounts that include name and address options, password configuration, email, contact number, fax, store credit, and many more options.
Today, I’ll explain the method to show gender in customer accounts in Magento 2. The admin can set this option to either optional, required, or no as per the business requirement.
If you offer gender-centric products for male and female or offer complimentary gender-based gifts, etc., you may need to configure the option to show gender in the customer accounts.
Steps to Show Gender in Customer Accounts in Magento 2:
- Login to Magento 2 admin panel
- Navigate to Stores > Configuration
- Select Customer Configuration under Customers
- Expand Name and Address Options
- Set “Required” from the dropdown menu in the “Show Gender” field.
- Save the configuration
Any doubts about enabling gender in customer accounts in Magento 2 can be mentioned in the Comments section below. I’ll help you out.
Also, do share the tutorial with the Magento 2 Community via social media.