Magento 2 offers checkout options to enhance the shopping experience of the customers. One such option is to change the maximum number of items to display in the order summary in Magento 2 at the checkout step. By default, this value is set to 10. However, the admin can change this value from the backend option as shown below. The customer can review their items on the cart page and the entire list can be skipped at the checkout step to make it look neat with lesser components. Also, if you want to get rid of the scroll bar in the order summary, reduce the value of the maximum number of items to be displayed in the order summary. This will improve the layout and user experience of the Magento 2 checkout page.
Steps to Change Maximum Number of Items to Display in Order Summary in Magento 2:
- Login to Magento 2 admin panel
- Navigate to Stores > Settings > Configuration
- Select “Checkout” under “Sales“
- Expand the “Checkout Options” section
- Change the number in the field “Maximum Number of Items to Display in Order Summary“. The default value is 10.
- Save the configuration.