The default Magento 2 allows the merchants to send shipment comments in the Email.In E-commerce, product delivery is managed by the delivery partner most of the time. Therefore, if there is any kind of change in shipment, it is necessary to inform. If the Magento 2 store has partnered with local stores and the products are being delivered by local stores, the Magento 2 store owner needs to inform the local store if there is any change in shipment. Shipment comments are also useful for sending order tracking information such as order ID. Magento 2 also allows sending the shipment comments in the shipment email as well as display it in the frontend under “My Accounts” section. The admin can do so by enabling the below-shown checkboxes from the backend: The shipment comment in frontend: Follow these easy steps to configure shipment comments in Magento 2.
Steps to Configure Shipment Comments in Magento 2:
- Login to Magento 2 admin panel
- Navigate to Stores > Settings > Configuration
- Under Sales, select Sales Email
- Expand Shipment Comments section
- The default option is set as Enabled that explains the shipment comment email will be sent to customers when the customer orders a product.
- In Shipment Comment Email Sender, select the person from whom the shipment comment email will be sent. The default Magento 2 offers five email addresses.
- In Shipment Comment Email Template, select the template based on your requirement or select the default option.
- In Shipment Comment Email Template for Guests, choose the template for customers who have not created an account in your store.
- In Shipment Comment Email Copy To, enter the multiple email addresses to whom you want to send Shipment comment email copy. Separate email addresses with a comma.
- Send Shipment Comment Email Copy Method, select bcc(blind carbon copy) or separate email copy method based on your requirement.
- Click Save Config